Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

ng the Audi R10s a run

Luckily for Audi, Peugeots are not winning all races. They have dominated the WRC scene for seven years in a row now with the Citroen Xsara and C4 without counting the other years win with the 205 and 405.

LHR

Reply to
laurentien

I haven't been following the WRC for a couple of years. Great series. There is some great video on youtube of WRC events.

I can remember back in the 80s when Audi was very successful in the rally world. I saw John Buffum in his Audi at several events here in the States. My wife and I used to officiate at Pro-Rally SCCA events. We were stage captains; I would be at the start and she would be at the finish. Some great memories there. It could not be compared to the WRC, however.

Dave

Reply to
D. LaCourse

Actually you don't need to go with Alpina. The BMW 325I I was comparing the IS350 with offers some M options which would improve handling. But even with the F-Sport equipment, I doubt the Lexus ould equal the numbers the 335 obtain.

I said at the beginning that it was a BMW335I.

The Audi 80 was renamed the A4. Of course in S or RS livery the performance was greatly improved. The RS6 is an A6 on steroids.

Dave

Reply to
D. LaCourse

Hi

?? Thats the first I hear about the V6 with Roots Compressor. I've heard it's a fine engine, but that was when the car came out... What's going wrong? When reading your msg, I should think this problems are common knowlegde, so sry to ask if you could elaborate a bit. Thx!

Reply to
H.D.

I am also very surprised that Audi is trying to fit a compressor on an engine knowing that they are completely new to the subject.

The source seems to be the US based consumers' report. I did not read it myself, I am just repeating what is written in the first threads and started this complete discussion. But I do not have the time to fetch it.

The report does not seem to question the other engines.

Here is the annoucement about this engine:

I did google and found nothing about engine problems so we have only to rely on the consumers' report which is far from being a reliable source of information, as said earlier, i-e not very scientific.

Bests

LHR

Reply to
laurentien

Really ??? What about the G60 engine in the Golf and Corrado, and the G40 engine in the Polo ??? They were supercharged engines in the 1990's.

Reply to
David