Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

Page 3 of 3

I just "built" an IS-350 at their site. Additional "sport" brakes, sway bar, shocks, etc, brought the total to $55K.
Leather? I agree that a car that costs that much should have leather as a standard item, but nobody needs leather. They DO need an automobile that stops from 60 mph in less than 120 feet, they DO need a automobile that will pull more than 0.81g.
I just "built" the BMW335I at their site and added M sport package and a whole bunch of other things and came up with a total of $54K. Soooo???
BMW stock, out of the shute, doesn't need extra "sport" or "performance" options to be safe at stopping and maneuvering. The Lexus apparently does.
I am NOT a BMW fan. I have driven them, even ice raced a couple. I briefly thought of buying an M5 when they were producing them. I fell in love with the 6 series when it came back, but I believe Audi makes a better car, and BMW makes a better car than Lexus. My pocketbook *knows* it does. I have also driven the ISF and was unimpressed when compared to my RS6 or an MB AMG C63. Do yourself a favor; drive an M3 and a C63, then drive the ISF. I wish you could drive an RS6, but they only imported 800 of them in 2003. They are rare and hard to find.
Bottom line: The Germans have a history of building fine performance centered automobiles (Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche). The Japanese with their luxory portion of Toyota build a good car. Perhaps in 50 years they too will have a reputation for being well built *and* give performance too
Dave
On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:48:18 -0500, against all advice, something

Really?
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2044707907.html

I didn't say they were IMPOSSIBLE to find, I said they are rare and hard to find. With only 800 of them imported 8 years ago, I should imagine that there are considerably less than 800 now available. I belong to an Audi club and mine is the only RS6 in the chapter. I have the BBS LM 19 inch wheels on mine (18 inch factory for snows). For that factory recall, I opted to take the money and put on Bilstein shocks over - it increased the handling some and lowered a bit. Mine is silver over black and didn't have a scratch on it until about a month ago when I inadvertently hit the left rear fender with the handle of a lawn mower.
Dave

The guy there was comparing stock cars. Then, if you want to look for modified versions, you can compare your Lexus with F-Sport with a BMW with Alpina and this would tell.

I have driven a 1986 BMW323 myself for many years and was really happy with, even on the snowy road between Geneva and Crans-Montana where I used to ski. Maybe, they were better in those days but I did test drive a 2005 BMW323 and I felt back in a similar car, not in terms of looks which had improved, but the engine and the drive did seem very close to the old one.

I remember seeing the the lateral acceleration figures a couple of years ago and I remember seeing the 0.91 one for BMW325 or so, may Dave can tell us which BMW he is talking about. Maybe, we can find the Audi A4, RS4 or S4 ones which would be very close to the Audi 80. My Audi 80, provided that it is fitted with proper tyres can corner incredibly well. I have raced a BMW series 3 on the motoway down to Kyrenia from the mountain range, where curves were limited at 50 km/h and I passed them at 80 freaking the hell out of my opponent, thanks to the Pirellis in front.
Bests
LHR

Actually you don't need to go with Alpina. The BMW 325I I was comparing the IS350 with offers some M options which would improve handling. But even with the F-Sport equipment, I doubt the Lexus ould equal the numbers the 335 obtain.

I said at the beginning that it was a BMW335I.

The Audi 80 was renamed the A4. Of course in S or RS livery the performance was greatly improved. The RS6 is an A6 on steroids.
Dave

Model now replaced / updated to E92 LCI, thousands of changes (mostly software)

Had this one one of my E90s, could be over-ridden, but sorted under warranty.

Actually, 3.0 litre engines.
I don't like BMW or their cars very much, but no other manufacturer makes a turbo diesel straight six engine. The V six diesels from MB and Audi are not for me for a variety of reasons.
David (another one)