audi rs6

Hey forget all the those ones. you must get hold of an rs6 ...465bhp..wow ...what do you this of that?

Rimmer.
tahirdin babbles:

*My* RS6 has 480bhp. I wasn't satisfied with *only* 40 valves, so I added three more! So, there! And I can switch from awd to rwd with a button I installed under the dash. I threw away the oem wheels/tires and have 22 inch wheels, with 265/30 tires. I have NorthStar, sat radio, nav system, heated seats, and I installed massage modules in all the seets so that whoever is in the car will be comfortable, especially when I drive it on Rt128 at 170mph. I know all the cops in my area and I get a free ride as far as tickets. I *buried* an Enzo on the Pike the other day. No contest.
Oooops..... gotta go. Mom is calling me for dinner. Ta Ta. Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

inch
heated
in
170mph. I

LOL!
Peter

Eh?
The standard RS6 is 450ps (not bhp - it's 444bhp), and the RS6+ (very limited numbers, and production ended last week) is 480ps.
I have the standard 450ps version, but there are various aftermarket options for boosting this by anything up to around 150ps. I understand that the engine itself would be good for up to around 1000bhp, but the gearbox is the limiting factor.

So does the RS6+ have the RWD/4WD switchable device? I'd love that.
Peter
AstraVanMan writes:

No. But if it did, I'm afraid I would be replacing tires on a regular basis. d;o) Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Err, no - it uses the same mechanical device as all other recent in-line engined quattros. This is the Torsen differential, and there's no way of switching it off. All recent in-line quattros are permanent four wheel drive, with automatic torque balancing between front and rear axles.

Ah well, I suppose that'll have to do then :-)
Peter