Audi salesmen arrogance, is this typical?

Page 1 of 2
I'm thinking about jumping ship from MB to Audi. Went to 2 Audi dealers to check out the 04' A4 1.8T. I took a test drive and really liked the car but
just can't stand the attitude of the salesmen at both locations. They were arrogant, patronizing and acted as if they didn't want my business. Is this typical of Audi salesmen? Perhaps they need the attitude to match the higher price tag than comparable MB?
Curly writes:

My experience (4 different Audis, three different salesmen) is that the cars sell themselves. I've never seen arrogance or patronization, YMMV, however.
Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Russ Stansky at O'Daniel Porsche/Audi in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, has been courteous and professional throughout all my dealings with him.
Regards, Jim
On 01 Nov 2003 01:39:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.aol.com (Curly) wrote:

[.../..]
Troll-o-meter
You just ended up with a couple of asses my friend. I just took three different A4's for a test drive at the Roger Beasly dealership in Austin Texas and Lane was extremely professional and a good fella (for a car salesman..;)~). I'm not big on arrogance and didn't get that impression once.
Cheers!
(Curly) wrote:

but
were
this
higher

but
were
this
No problem here where I live. All our local Audi salespersons are quite eager to sell, and are polite and highly competent. I cannot visit our local Audi dealership without being tempted to buy me another one, maybe the brand new and exciting A3.
Perhaps they need the attitude to match the higher

Total bullshit. Troll? And, here, at least, MBs, BMWs and Audis are all more or less in the same price group, there are no major price differencies, they are all in the "Oberklasse." It is not a matter of price, but personal taste and choice. MBs are here more or less for older and well-established males, while BMWs are for younger non-discreet males and females who first and foremost wish to impress others, and are often bought by immigrants here. Audis have class, BMWs not, and are preferred by those among us who want to drive in a discreet, but stylish and luxurious way. Lexus is almost non-existent here, since it is a Japanese brand anyway, and not German, and is more or less only an upgraded Toyota. If I wanted a Lexus, I might just as well just buy a Toyota, or a Subaru Impreza WRX STi

more
they
taste
males,
and
Very well sumed up :)
Ron
The Audi representatives at parts/service/reception departments at John Fox Audi have all been very polite, responsible, respectful and modest both over the phone and when in person, even when I turn up in jeans and sneakers ;-p (Hey that's what saturdays are for!). I don't think I've come across any Audi representatives who are not to be honest. And that's why I've just replaced my old Audi with another one. The quality of the car sells of course, but the fact that I am treated nicely on the forecourt and also after I've paid has made me want to go for another Audi as well. If any executive car salesmen were arrogant, it'd have to be Beemer's wouldn't it?
Regards, Jules
PS. I can so foresee my next car to be the new TT or the new A6. :-)

Fox
over
;-p
it?
Likewise, at Simpsons Audi at Lowestoft (UK). I moved to Audi from MB over 11 years ago (previously had 7 BMWs) 'cos I preferred the cars. -- Doug Ramage
***Watch Spam Trap***

Both Commonwealth Audi in Santa Ana, CA and Newport Beach Audi in Newport Beach, CA have been very professional as well. Matter of fact I find their honesty quite refreshing. I may not like how I have to wait for weeks on end to schedule service on my cars but at least they are honest about not being able to do anything until a open date can be schedule....
-- Taylor
'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Definitely, they never lie, and they always tell me where to get the best deal in parts, rather than conning me into paying dealer prices for parts you can get at trade prices easily elsewhere. I'd however prefer to pay them labour costs for the quality and professionalism, and of course honesty and good will in the first place.
Jules
Yep... they are. Was looking at a 2001 Audi Wagon. Never once did they ask if I wanted a test drive. Own an A6. The salesman (no women in this NJ dealership) was helping someone else and just asked while in the lot if we needed help. When we said yes, he reluctantly got us keys. Didn't get the car from him but a few days later with another salesperson.

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:40:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Mike B.) wrote:

Like anything on Usenet or the Internet you are going to find more complaints than praise... Why would Audi dealers and their salesmen be any different?
Does that make my claim any less true than yours? Hell if the salesman was rude to me or not all that helpful I would go elsewhere. There is always a choice in this market.... Anyone who says they don't have a choice on where to shop or buy their car is just not being truthful.
If that wasn't true, you wouldn't have bought a Audi from a different salesperson :)
-- Taylor
'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

local
brand
more
they
taste
males,
and
Just like an Audi is an upgraded VW?!?

[snipped]
Now please be a good parking lot attendent and park this in your best space...
/daytripper '00 Veedoub - whoops - Audi S4 6spd ;-)
I don't think that it is only at Audi. I went for a test drive last year at 2 local dealerships in Montreal area. One was very good (Lauzon) and the other (AutoStrasse) was pathetic.

but
were
this
higher
From my experience, the best dealership in Montreal is definitely Park Avenue in Brossard. Tommy is a good salesman and Danyk has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in Quebec. Service is excellent.
--
Alexandre
2001 Audi A4 2.8QM

but
were
this
higher
Can't you get the message they're sending you: stay with MB!
Ron
--
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.
Not my experience. I went into an Audi dealership, just to check out the TT, and the same dealer is a Porsche dealer, so I was looking at the New Carreras.

but
were
this
higher
R wrote:

Really? Around here, you can't throw a rock without hitting an A4 or A6. (Not that I'm recommending the throwing of rocks at Audis...)
-- Mike Smith