Audi Special tools

Hi,
I'm about to take on the job of changing my timing belt on my 100. In my research of the job I understand there are 2 special tools available, but
hey are Over $150 !
Tools #'s 2079 & 2084
They are used for removal of crankshaft pulley and crankshaft bolt. Anyone know where to buy these at a reasonable price? Or are there improvised tools you can use instead?
TIA Steve

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a

I got my 2084 from Zelenda Automotive in Forest Hills, NY (718) 896-2288 or (888) 892-8348. Sometimes they show up on ebay.
That's really all you need, and it can even be done without that. The other one is, if I recall, just a torque magnifier. You can achieve the same result with a breaker bar and extension.
To lock the camshaft sprocket, put a large screwdriver through the lifting eye and one of the camshaft sprocket holes.
This is an I5? yes?
The screwdriver through the cam sprocket is a VERY high risk approach. (Belt can break and bend valves > pull head)
Another high risk idea is a screwdriver in the timing hole to hold the flywheel teeth. (Break teeth > pull the trans)
Some make their own tool for holding the crank. Others have had success by wrapping a strong rope around the dampener pulley.
I recommend buying the TB kit from one of the on-line sources like Blaufergnugen. When you buy from them you can rent the tools for about $30 and return when done. They do ask for a BIG deposit until returned but you can trust that they will credit it when returned.
John Prendergast wrote:

That's only for loosening the cam sprocket bolt AFTER the crankshaft bolt has been loosened.

Do a search in this newsgroup, we just discussed this last month for an Audi 100 or 5000. I use a brake adjusting tool to lock the driveplate/crank from moving while I loosen or tighten crank sprocket bolt.