Audi TT dashboard

Hi !

I'm having some trouble with the dash of my '99 TT coupe. Since a couple of months, the gauges of temperature and fuel are not displaying correct anymore. When my engine is "hot" let's say 90°C, the gauge is displaying

120°C. When it's cold, it's displaying almost 90°C. The same thing with my fuel gauge. When it reaches the 0 line (low on reserve thus), I can still fill'ur up with only 40 liters and not the 55.

Since about 3 weeks I'm having another problem. The radio-controlled clock antenna (meaning you receive signal from Frankfurt) is not showing anymore. The clock of my wrist watch IS receiving signal on that moment. It has already happened sometimes that the antenna-icon disappears for a moment, but it has never been gone for such a long time like this before. In the manual I've read that it switches to manual clock when it doesn't receive for three (?) days, but how can I put it back to radio-controlled-reception? It can't be stuck, does it?

What about the gauges problem? My dealer says this is normal and that I'll have to replace the whole dashboad (about 600$). I can hardly believe this is the only solution, a whole new dash for just one minor gauge problem??

Does anybody know some explanation please?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Reply to
Dr. SL?TS

Not uncommon for the fuel gauge and temperature gauge to share a dependency on a precision voltage reference. If the reference dies, those two gauges go with it. If you can replace the reference without replacing the entire dashboard module, it'd be a $15 cost, plus labor, instead of $600.

But you'd need the official maintenance manual/wiring diagrams to prove it...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

radio-controlled-reception?

Hi Cristophe,

If I remember correctly, your symptoms of gauge problems could well be a dash pod problem.

The UK TT Forum has a thread all about this problem here:

I'd also check with your US TT forum sites just to be sure.

Cheers.

Reply to
Moley

radio-controlled-reception?

Hmm... that sounds interesting :-) Maybe I know someone who can do this... some company who does all things about car electronics... never thought on this. Thanks for the tip.

CP

Reply to
Dr. SL?TS