audi tt in winter weather

I plan on moving to the philadelphia region and maybe purchasing an audi tt. does anyone have any experience with this car in cold weather? can it hold up, or is it purely a warm weather vehicle? thanks,

lbj

Reply to
LBJ

No problems here (although I've only driven on "light" snow & ice).

You'll love the heated seats, and wonder what you have to be wearing to have them on anywhere /near/ full ;o)

My personal "top tip" is to warm the car (with the door locked from the outside, natch) for about a coffee (universal morning time unit ;o) - that gives enough time to warm the seat and de-ice the windscreen & hood. Clear, crisp winter mornings.. mmmmm!

If you are driving a TTR top-down in cold conditions, I'd recommend well-fitting gloves - the tops of your hands can get quite cold.

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

Thanks alot for the info guys! Would you happen to know about how much a new 250hp tt is to lease (in the PA region). I am guessing something like $2500 down and $450 a month or so for a 2 yr lease. is that reasonable?

LBJ

Reply to
LBJ

Ho help from me, I'm afraid - I'm in the UK. Maybe one of the US TT "regulars" can help..?

H1K

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi