Audi TT roadster top question

What happens, exactly, if I don't use the clumsy, space-robbing top cover and instead, tool down the road, top down, at speed?
Will the top pop open? Will the noise be severe? Will people point and
gesture rudely?
Just wondering. Planning a long trip, and luggage space is very, very tight for four weeks on the road.
Thanks,
Charles Fox snipped-for-privacy@gte.net

You'll ruffle your hair!
In the 2 years I owned my TT roadster, I NEVER used the top cover. Should not have any effect except maybe that your top may accumulate dust/leaves that settle in that area when the top is down.
Geekapoo

That gives room for a helluva lot more luggage (well, comparatively) for The Trek. Thanks, G.
Charles

Confirmed by Audi in Torrance, California. In writing. Sounds solid.

Would I lie to ya? WOULD I????
Trust me....the check is in the mail. I promise not to ^%$^$ in your ^$^$^%. etc..........

tight
What's a "top cover"? The "hood" (as we say over here - the cloth bit that keeps the rain off, as opposed to the "bonnet").
Only driven top-down to 148mph - top tip is to turn the radio up before you hit around 135mph, as it gets a bit noisy and, at that speed, you should be paying attention to things other than the ICE!.
You also lose the bass, Bose notwithstanding. Top-up driving limited to about 75mph (if it's too wet to have the top down, then it's too wet to play dodge-the-idiot ;o)
--

Hairy One Kenobi

That cloth thing up there = top in this colony. Your hood. You guessed right.
'England and America are two countries separated by the same language' GBS
Will try to keep it under 148. Police here get very nervous above those speeds, and they'd feel the need to talk to me about mine.

cover
you
be
play
opinion
legal

that

of
don't
Thanks again. Yes, that little space at the rear of the "bootrunk" (New English) is handy. I have a warning lamp in its box, and two large map guides of the Los Angeles area jammed in there. They don't move, are quiet, and don't slide around the rest of the vast (!) space wrecking themselves -- when I hasten around a corner, for instance.