Audi TT: Water on Chrome Running Boards

Running Board Water Accumulation:
I have water accumulating on the chrome running boards when the car is washed. Does this also happen when it rains? Why does water collect
there? Is this a design defect? Do other owners notice this also?
Thanks for any info you can share
David (posted for Steff)

Any water that gets into the car door drains through the bottom, onto the "running boards". All cars do this to some extend, but the result seems to be more obvious on the TT - maybe because the sills are so wide.
Most manufacturers either dump to at the front, by the hinge, or at the rear, near the lock. I haven't looked to see precisely where the TT "dribbles", but I've not had any creep into the car, even in very bad weather.
--

Hairy One Kenobi

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
David (posting for Steph)

David (Steff),
I get the same thing, so I guess it's inherent in the design :-(
Haven't particularly noticed it when it's raining, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens.
--
Moley
TTOC Member