audio signal cable

Hi Ronny,
can you find out the color of the IGN Live cable for me? Thanks.
regards, Ben

"inserted
audi,
should
Ok, there is 2 looms on an after market stereo <asuming someone hasnt cut the old wiring> the first loom is the Audi one that connects to your Gamma radio<the one installed at the factory> the 2nd loom is the aftermarket one that is fitted by you or a car stereo place that allows the Audi wiring to connect to a Sony Stereo<I have all sony as well>.
find the RED cable which thicker than most others on the 2nd loom and on the same connector there is a YELLOW cable. there are also numorous other cables but they are speaker etc cables.
At the moment the RED wire will be connected to the IGN live cable on the Audi wiring loom, this is becasue the SONY aftermarket cabling is wired wrongly, the RED wire should be connected to the PERM live connector, and the YELLOW wire to the IGN live.
The easiest way to change this is to remove the MOLEX style pins and swap them over i.e RED goes in YELLOW pin hole and vice vesa.
IF you have STANDARD Audi fit cableing and aftermarket stereo this is your problem, I have seen it loads of times before, you cant do any harm either as the red and yellow wire are both lives and the BLACK wire is your earth
HTH if you want to see pictures I could take some
Ronny

ok Ben I will try and take some photo's tonight, see if your loom is the same
Ron
Hi Ron,
thank you very much for your help. Don't know how to express my deep appreciation to you.
regards, Ben

lol :)
I have to get round to taking a photo, but thinking about it, I have the Gamma Radio, which is an Audi standard, I doubt my loom will be the same as yours, but I will get a picture anyway
Ron