Auxilary audio in with Audi Symphony head unit?

Hi,
I am hoping to connect an Apple iPod to the Symphony head unit on an Audi A3. Is it possible to wire up some sort of input jack to this unit so I can
plug in a cable from the headphone socket on the iPod to the head unit? If so, any pointers on where I can get info on this?
I'm not mad about those tape-deck-with-cable solutions.. :-)
TIA!
..Ray ekoSheren inc. awaits.. http://www.k-chan.net/ekoSheren /