Avon Tires

Anyone had any experience on Audis with the new Avon tires at Tire Rack? Great stats and reviews at the site, but I'm a little skeptical given that they are effectively the "house" tire.

Reply to
WTIP

No personal experience but Avon has been around for years.... I believe they were standard equipment on Aston Martins for many years. They were English tires; not sure which conglomerate owns them now.... ;-)

But speaking of tires, I just had to replace one of my Michelin MXM4's

- I ran over a piece of metal in the road and took out a chunk of tire and borked my alloy wheel.... Man, these things ain't cheap! $249 installed at the cheapest place I could find! Tire Rack had 'em for $199 but were out of stock - but after shipping and install, probably would have been about the same. Fortunately, Audi provides a full-size spare and matching alloy wheel, which is very nice indeed.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58