B5 Xenon headlights

My 2003 A41.8t has xenon headlights that keep malfunctioning. The warning light comes on intermittently and sometimes the headlights don't align when
they are turned on. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what needed to be done? Thanks

I'm assuming it's a B6, not a B5, since it's a 2003. And in that case, it must still be under warranty, so have your dealer fix it.
Cheers,
Pete
You're correct. I was so used to my wife's Passat (B5), that I didn't catch myself. I am aware, however, that my vehicle is under warranty and am quite capable of making the distinction. I was inquiring if anyone has had the same problem, and if so, what was done to fix it. (by the dealer, obviously)
Mike

catch
quite
Prob the self leveling motors packing up, It's not been mentioned here before, so I doubt it is a big issue.
Shouldnt be a long job at the dealer.
Dont know why the Light comes on the dashboard, do you mean the Bulb out alarm?, maybe its connected in with the motors, but I doubt it, could be a balast on the way out.
Get it looked at though :)
Ron

Given all the regulations concerning Xenon implementations (mandatory levelers and washers) I bet that's a "your Xenon system has some kind of problem" indicator.
The system is easy enough to debug with a VAG-COM, your dealer shouldn't have much trouble...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd