B6 A4: windshield creaking in snowstorm

It's about -3C now (23F) and the windshield is making creaking noises for quite a while after I start driving the car in the morning (snow's falling)
I had the windshield replaced this august with the very same (french) glass which I think is the same that is used by ingolstadt on the new audis
the car was sitting idle for the 24 hours after the new windshield was installed for the glue to cure properly. plus 25-30C heat back then should have helped the curing
not sure if my a4 was drying in the hangar bay of the glass shop or outside in direct sunlight
thoughts on this and the best time of year to do the inexpedient windshield replacement?

Is it actually the screen? On my A6 the trim below the screen can creak and the solution is to glue some material between the trim and the screen.
--
(\__/) M.

the sound seems to be from the bottom of the windshield u have a pic of your retrofit or a link to the part where your retrofit would have been? as I have difficulty following where and what you have glued to rectify this.
thanks Mark

Unfortunately not. Since having to replace the windowscreen the noise has not returned so I haven't reapplied the fix.

I found the solution by googling but I can't find it again right now. It may have been audiworld. There is an official Audi note on how to fix the problem (on the A6 anyway). I'll see if I can find it.
--
(\__/) M.
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:10:36 +0000, Mark

The fix basically involves removing the windscreen cowl (from the engine bay) and applying strips of felt along the edges of the cowl top & bottom and then replace.