Bad coolant temp. sensor now, what next?

Last week the windscreen cracked as I was washing the car.
This afternoon I couldn't start the car. After I finally managed to I read DTC 16500.
I would really like to keep this car, but its history is starting to get to
my nerves now.
JP Roberts wrote:

Wow. Twelve-year-old schoolgirls whine less than you do.
Do us all a huge favor: sell your POS Audi, buy something that doesn't need repair, and get on with your life (such that it is.)
E.P.