big problem or not?

Hi,everybody I own a4 from 1996, this winter somthing strange is frequently happening Dashboard light for ignition (car with key) is blinking in normal everyday drive. This is occuring in varios periods and with no obvious reson. And another info: sometimes stops after just several seconds, and sometimes goes for minutes then stops. Any info appriciated.

Also this winter heating in the car is non existent. Engine warms up normaly but there is no flow of hot air inside the cabin, from the air disspensers comes out only cold air at any position of the switches. Opinions??

Thank you all.

Reply to
Dylan Dog

Engine immoboliser, the flashing means it cannot read the code from your key, does the car start ok forst thing?

May need a new coil in the ignition barrel

Thermostat stuck? is it climate control? or maybe the cable has snapped that allows the hot air to come in, and its stuck in the closed postion

Just some ideas

Np ron

Reply to
Ronny

Thanks Ron,

you are right, in last days I used my spare key extensivly and the problem never showed up. I think as you say that my key is making problems and I will try to see what is wrong.

I don't know(Is there just one thermostat in the car?). No, it has no air conditioning, it is simple cold or hot air warmed off the engine. Is there a possibility that something mechanical is broken behind the central panel? How complicated is the operation of seeing that problem? How can I prove that?

Thanks, you are giving me good info.

DD

Reply to
Dylan Dog