Biggest discs for a '98 A4 1.8TQ?

What is the biggest size of disc that can be fitted into a stock '98 A4 1.8TQ with 16" rims?
JP Roberts

Not sure if that's the biggest, but I know the A8 rotors with stock calipers and TT carriers just barely fit under 16" rims. These front rotors (discs) are 312mm x 25mm vs. 288mm for stock A4 rotors.
When my stock rotors wear out, I'll be doing the A8 brake upgrade myself.
Cheers,
Pete
Please, keep me posted on that one.
How many pistons are the A8 calipers?
Why not get perforated Brembos?
JP Roberts

Here's a tech article on the A8 brake upgrade: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel1.shtml
You can get all the necessary parts (A8 rotors - either OEM or perforated, TT brackets and pads) from ECS Tuning: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=1.8T&model %20A4&submodel=Quattro&category=Braking
Scroll down to "OEM Big Brake Kit" category.

You do not get A8 calipers, only rotors. You keep your A4 calipers with this upgrade.

You could - see the ECS link I posted above. Personally, I don't see much advantage in slotted or crossdrilled rotors, other than they eat up your brake pads faster.
Cheers,
Pete