Blue smoke

My 2002 A6 2.7T has a problem. When I drive it 350KMs it suddenly starts to emit blue smoke. It is cold in Fort McMurray when this happens. I disconnected the hoses by the turbo intercoolers and a cup of oil came out
of each hose. Is my PCV valve/hose freezing? or is it something else? Why does the car run perfectly and then act this way? It has happened 3 times. Guy