Bluetooth charging

The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter. The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the key in the ignition.
thanks dj
you could add another power outlet that is always live!
I would say that it is safe to plug in after the car is started.
bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power<BR>socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter.<BR>The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair<BR>enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.<BR><BR>Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the<BR>key in the ignition.<BR><BR>thanks<BR>dj<BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

I've never seen a cigarette lighter socket that wasn't live whilst the engine was running!
Mike

B5 A4 is live without the key in the ignition !
Richard

Many of the cars I've owned inc my B5 are live all the time except when starting. I've had at least one that was only live when running (VW polo) but none that wasn't live whilst the engine was running.
Mike
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 07:42:20 +0000, Me wrote:

Quick answer is YES
Long answer, they want you to unplug to avoid and damage to the charger while starting. After car is started power is constant so plugging in after start is OK.
--

Regards
Robert

Normal imperfections in starter motors produce high frequency power spikes that blow cheap 12V adaptors to bits. Most cars turn off the 12V jacks off while you crank the engine. If yours doesn't do that, simply unplug the 12V adaptor for the moment it takes you to start the car.
--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.

thanks all, I just unplug during start.