BMW bolt pattern vs. Audi?

Hi does anyone know what the bolt pattern is on a BMW 3 series? And how that compares to an AUDI A4 (5x112)?
I wanted to know coz a buddy of mine is selling his 18 inch bbs rims (they
are off his 3 series 99 model I think) and I wanted to get them but not sure if they will fit?
Thanks
ran into the same problem... wanted to use my old 8x16 BMW wheels on my A4...no dice
BMW's pattern, at least in recent years, is 5x120
HTH