Bought used A4 without key tag--am I screwed?

So, I got a good deal (so I thought ) on a 2004 A4. When I signed the check and went to get the car, the dealer hands me the non-remote key. That's all they had, they say. (This wasn't an Audi dealer) I bought
an uncut remote key on ebay--but then I realized I don't have the keytag either. Am I screwed? Can Audi look up the keytag based on the VIN? Or am I forced to re-key the car? (which is quite expensive)

The Audi importer in your country can lookup all codes needed but only when you bring the car to an official dealership. They only need the chassis number of the car.
Ronald
R@L wrote:

Here in the UK there are people that can do it other than dealers. Some auto locksmiths have a 5051 tool and subscription that lets them code keys. Like Ronald said, they can do it with the VIN.

Be sure to get the other missing keys de activated by the dealer.
Steve.