Brake lights wont shut off.

I have an 2002 Audi TT Roadster Quattro.. and... I just took a long drive up to maine for the weekend from Boston MA, and when I got there and shut off the car the brake lights will not
shut off. I have a feeling maybe the brake sensor or abs switch is bad. I am right now having to pull the fuse out to turn the brake lights off. Audi has a long wait for service, and I wanted to see if anyone had and quick ideas on what to check... thanks a million for any help!!
Mike C.
You might want to check the adjustment of the brake light switch. It would be located on the brake lever above where you press it with your foot.
It might need to be loosened a bit.
Michael Crispin wrote:

I cant seem to locate it... how high up in the back is it? thanks again...
Not sure on your model but the typical arrangement is to have a switch that is above the pedal and below its pivot point. It usually is between the pedal's lever and the firewall and will have a plastic rod that is pushed in when the pedal is depressed.
crispoe wrote:

I'm not sure with the TT, but it's worth bearing in mind that an increasing number of cars have lights switched directly by the pressure in the brake lines.
I'd call a mechanic and ask, if I were you...
--

Hairy One Kenobi

Increasing number? That's how the brake switch was arranged in my dad's '58 Rambler!

LOL thanks guys for your help.. I have an appointment with the dealer on thursday. Thanks again!
The switch is on the master brake cylinder on my '62 DKW, and my 1980 5k (actually, there's 2 on the latter) Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)