Brand Audi A4 Alarm system...

Hi guys,
Sorry to ask this but I didn't get my owner manual yet (in the correct language) but I would like to know whether or not it normal to get the
alarm led blinking only on the driver's door (when being switched on)...
Thx for the info...
Assuming it is the same as my 2002 (UK) model, the handbook states:
"When the vehicle is locked the LED on the top of the driver's door will flash rapidly for about 30 seconds and then continue flashing slowly. This is to indicate that the anti-theft alarm including the interior monitor is active. If the diode lights up continuously for about 30 seconds when the vehicle is locked, instead of flashing, this means the alarm system is not working properly."
I notice that mine does 8 very rapid flashes when the vehicle is first locked.
David.
--
<< To email me please swap over Denton and Lodge in my address >>

<Dogg> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Sorry, I've just noticed that there's only one LED :-)))
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:01:56 +0200, Dogg <> wrote:

I was going to mention that ;-)