Bukb replacement - 2002 A4 - nightmare!

Help!!
I need to change the o/s/f indicator bulb on my 2002 A4 18.T.
What a nightmare! How can a car manufacturer make bulb replacement so difficult.
Looking at the problem, I think I need to remove the whole headlamp assembly. Is this so, or is there a simpler way?
The drivers handbook states you have to go to main dealer to have bulb replacement done. Main dealer - to change a bulb! What has the world come to?
Takes 5 minutes on my 1965 MGB!!
I'd be most grateful if someone can tell me the procedure I need to follow.
Thank you very much.
Jimbo.
The line forms here to flog the Audi engineers.
I haven't tried changing the headlamp on my A4 but I swapped to K&N filter yesterday and the way they hid that puppy away angered me.
--
http://austinmini.ositech.net

Yup. Gotta pull the headlight out. Not the easiest thing in the world, that's for sure.
Cheers,
Pete