Bust Clutch

The clutch has just given the ghost on my 06 Passat TDI. It was recently serviced and has only covered 10,000 miles. I don't tyhink this is normal has anyone heard of this.

Thanks

MOB

Reply to
Mark

I don't think it makes any difference make/model, 10K isn't a "normal" life span for a clutch...

Reply to
daytripper

I replaced a clutch on a '01 Golf GTi with the VR6 engine due to a very weak pressure plate. A lot of meat was still on the clutch disc with no oil present but it was definitely slipping.

There was once an Audi that had a new clutch installed by a shop I worked at. The car was left for the wife to drive and she burnt that clutch up too in 1 week's times. She could not drive a stick shift car and kept starting it off in 3rd gear even after we tried to teach her how to drive stick. I am sure that is not your problem though.

So what is your clutch doing or not doing?

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1