Buying a 1999 Audi A4

I'm looking at buying an Audi A4 and have a good deal on a 1999 model 2.8 V6 Quattro with 48,000 miles. I have read some review on Edmunds and consumer reports and am concerned about the reliability of the
car. Some of these reviews say that when the car reaches 50,000 miles or 5+ years old, it starts to fall apart; other reviewers love the car and say that they've had no problems.
Does anyone own this specific model of A4 or a similar one? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Kartik
Kartik wrote:

I have a '99 A4 2.8Q. 75K miles. The radiator failed at 70K, the rear diff leaked at 60K and needed to be resealed, and the cam seals started to leak about 55K and were replaced with the timing belt and water pump($1100). The passenger seat air bag failed at 73K. That's about it for the non-routine stuff. Despite these problems, I consider it to be a good car overall. An Audi is not a Honda, but it doesn't drive like one either and the all wheel drive is awesome. It all depends on what's important to you.

I had to change the water pump the first time at 199,500 km (not miles). The radiator and the quattro system has never caused any problem, especially no leak. I had to change the front shock absorbers at 210,000 km. Up to now, this Audi has been the most reliable car I ever had.
--
Best regards.
Giovanni Tarantino