Buying a used Audi..UK

I am looking to buy a car,and Audi is on my want list ,budget is only £3000 max. I have seen a few on the net for sale,most seem to be 94-95 (year).Are Audis of this sort of age OK?Reliability wise?Are there certain models that I should avoid?What about mileage?Is an above average mileage OK?Any particular things to look out for? I dont do a lot of mileage in a car(ride a motrobike),probably no more than

2-3K a year.

Thanks

Reply to
Tigerheart

Go for a private seller, Audi 80 quattro with FSH '91 on. High miles are ok if well maintained and cambelts changed on-time etc. Get one with air-con and you'll have a superb little car. Avants are a wee bit more dosh as they are more useful, also a better buy. 2.6 V6 go on and on (again - regular servicing is key) should be good for 200K miles plus! Look here:

Good Luck.

Reply to
Steve

why go for an 80 when you can get an A4 for that price, you can even pick up high mile A6's for around 3k,

This looks a great buy

1.8T for that price

Dont bother with a 80 there a bit dated now when you can get an A4

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Buy a landrover or range rover, great machines & for the miles you do it will be ace off roading as a new hobby. I just bought a mint Trooper & wouldn't swap it for my wife's A4 cabriolet!

NIge

Reply to
Nige

It all depends what you want, 80s are probablty the best for the price, a £3000 A4 will probably cost you more to maintain, you will be lucky to get a good one for £3000, you will probably get a good audi 80 2.0 E for around £1000 to £1500, 1992 to 1993, the build quality is far superior to that of the A4, the late 80s look the best, & are easy for you to maintain yourself, no service lights to turn off, & a stronger body shell, if you go for a A4 be prapared to spend money on the front suspension as they suffer from suspension arm problems, there are 4 on eack side & these give problems, rear brake calipers are also a problem on older high milage cars,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I guess thats why my A4 ´97 goes "KLONK" each time i hit a bump in the road!? It makes the car a bit more "lively"...but otherwise it drives & steers fine. But the NOISE is unbearable.

Reply to
Jesper Giovanni