Canadian pricing

I am going to buy an A4 1.8T Quatrro with sunroof in the spring .

The list price is $38,145 and the sunroof is about $1,500.

Can anyone comment on similarly equipped A4's and what price they paid?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Richard Potato

I paid $35000 for a 2002 A4 1.8T (stick, 27000 km), fully decked out except for Xenon lights. You can get dealer invoices (how much a dealer makes on the car) on a number of places on the net (I think it's around $5000 on a A4 but don't take my word for it). Audi is also giving pretty good financing right now (2.9% on 60 mo for new it think - compare to BMW at 7% for 48 mo).

HTH, Dusan

Richard Potato wrote:

Reply to
Dusan

Thanks for the info. I have been perusing the slightly used but want new.

There are not many Audi vendors to choose from where I am but I was thinking of emailing the sales dpts from a hotmail acct stating what I want and when and asking for a bid. Each would be contacted separately with no mention of the bidding process. Also, I am not really looking forward to negotiating with the dealers.

As for price and dealer invoice, it is simple: do they want to sell me a car today and for what price. As long as they know I am in the game, they will be interested. How much is the question.

Reply to
Richard Potato

The guys I dealt here in Ottawa were actually very nice (compared to GM and others I bought from) and came down with the price immediately. Here is a link for dealer invoice pricing ($US - Canadian shouldn't be too different):

It appears that they are only making ~ $CDN 3750 for A4 1.8T.

Cheers, Dusan

Richard Potato wrote:

Reply to
Dusan

Thanks, I'll check the l>> >>

Reply to
Richard Potato

I was just at the local dealer and found an A4 Quattro with most packages offered listed at $45.5K and without much effort (none, actually) on my part, they offered $42.5K. Which is what I figured I could get (% wise) off on a discount: 7%.

Reply to
Richard Potato

Just paid a bit over $50K incl. taxes and everything for 2004 1.8T Quattro, auto, xenon, premium, sport package.

I found a large variance in how low each dealer would go. About $3K difference from the lowest to highest offers.

Don't bother paying for a dealer invoice, I did and it was useless. Knowing that dealer cost is about 10% less than MSRP is good enough.