Canadian pricing

I am going to buy an A4 1.8T Quatrro with sunroof in the spring .
The list price is $38,145 and the sunroof is about $1,500.
Can anyone comment on similarly equipped A4's and what price they
paid?
Thanks in advance.
I paid $35000 for a 2002 A4 1.8T (stick, 27000 km), fully decked out except for Xenon lights. You can get dealer invoices (how much a dealer makes on the car) on a number of places on the net (I think it's around $5000 on a A4 but don't take my word for it). Audi is also giving pretty good financing right now (2.9% on 60 mo for new it think - compare to BMW at 7% for 48 mo).
HTH, Dusan
Richard Potato wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have been perusing the slightly used but want new.
There are not many Audi vendors to choose from where I am but I was thinking of emailing the sales dpts from a hotmail acct stating what I want and when and asking for a bid. Each would be contacted separately with no mention of the bidding process. Also, I am not really looking forward to negotiating with the dealers.
As for price and dealer invoice, it is simple: do they want to sell me a car today and for what price. As long as they know I am in the game, they will be interested. How much is the question.

The guys I dealt here in Ottawa were actually very nice (compared to GM and others I bought from) and came down with the price immediately. Here is a link for dealer invoice pricing ($US - Canadian shouldn't be too different):
<http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ncb?kbb.CA ;093601;CA037&90210;sed&6;Audi;2004%20A4&M2M1A6;M2M1&&Sedans&&nc>
It appears that they are only making ~ $CDN 3750 for A4 1.8T.
Cheers, Dusan
Richard Potato wrote:

Thanks, I'll check the link.
I have done extensive research on the nuts and bolts of the car which is why I am upgrading from a VW to an Audi and not some other car. Ultimately it comes down to what, if any, discount can I get. I checked on canada.com for A4s and found an 2003 Avanti with <8K km for $43k; list is $47k. Not exactly the vehicle I was looking for but it gives me a point on the on the graph.

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:47:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@tater.cu (Richard Potato) wrote:
I was just at the local dealer and found an A4 Quattro with most packages offered listed at $45.5K and without much effort (none, actually) on my part, they offered $42.5K. Which is what I figured I could get (% wise) off on a discount: 7%.

Just paid a bit over $50K incl. taxes and everything for 2004 1.8T Quattro, auto, xenon, premium, sport package.
I found a large variance in how low each dealer would go. About $3K difference from the lowest to highest offers.
Don't bother paying for a dealer invoice, I did and it was useless. Knowing that dealer cost is about 10% less than MSRP is good enough.