car audio install kit for 2000 audi A4

I have been trying to get a install kit for my 2000 A4 for about 2 months now i am just wondering does anyone know how or where i can get one..??will truly appreciate any help....

Reply to
kingzz

Try

Stephen Clark

i went to my local proaudio shop and they had a wiring harness/faceplate in stock for my '96 A4, which should be the same for your car. Mine also has the bose system, dunno if your car does.

also, it is VERY tricky and nonstandard to hook up an aftermarket CD player to the bose system, you need a "floating ground adapter" that converts your four pairs of +/- leads from the CD player to a 5 wire setup: four positives and one common ground, because that is how the bose head unit sends the signal to the amp in the trunk.

so just google search for "floating ground adapter" and whatever brand comes up the most is the one that you use, all i remember is its a little green box the size of a deck of cards, with wires out both ends to splice to the new cd player and the dashboard wires.

personally, i would recommend just taking your car to a car audio installer and have them do it, because it took me about 9 hours of headache-inducing labor to finally get my cd player to even emit sound, although i admit i had no idea what i was doing with the bose system to begin with, it is NOT friendly with an aftermarket cd player, not at all designed to be modified.

also you have to figure out which of the 20 or so wires plugged into the bose head unit are the positives for the speaker signal and the negative, and also you need to find the accessory turn-on wire for the rear amp, otherwise you are screwed b/c the amp will not power the speakers, hence no sound. Its worth the $40-80 it will cost to get the cd player pro-installed, trust me. its the only time i will say this, b/c i do a lot of stereo installs for friends, the bose system is just plain stupid and a waste of time to mess with yourself.

Reply to
seanfoulkes