Car stalled at stop sign, now it won't start

What would be funny is if you only ran it out of gas!!!! I have seen that more than a few times and it has almost stumped a few mechanics too! ;-)

Good luck and let us know what happens! later, dave (One out of many daves)

dave AKA vwdoc1

Hey I like it! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Ba-ting! The man win again...

(was it 'my bad' to use an acronym that wasn't 'computer' here? )

Reply to
PeterD

My grandson had a early 90s Audi (don't recall the model or year). His heater stopped working. I told him it was his thermostat and it would cost alot to get it fixed, and since they are down there to replace it they may as well replace the water pump and the timing belt. He thought it cost too much, so he didn't have the extra repairs done. Within two months, I had to go and rescue him on I290; his timing belt broke and ate all the valves. He got it fixed but it was never the same.

Today he has a chipped 00 S4, and a 95 A4 that he uses for work. Both of them have had their belts changed. d;o) His dad drives my old

00A6 4.2 and HAS had the TB changed.

Dave RS6 (which will have its TB changed under warranty next September)

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Under Warranty??? As far as Audi UK are concerned, this is a service item, and we have to pay for it - cost me GBP880 to have mine done.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Yep. It is supposed to be done at 50k miles, exactly when the warranty ends. I'll have about 40 on it next September. I've already had the front brakes done at 25k miles, under warranty. d;o)

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Is this the same Peter Bell that was fly fishing in Alaska last year with his wonderful wife Jullie? From Devon (I believe)?

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Well Audi UK stipulate that the belt should be changed every 3 years or

60k miles, but no way will they cover it (or brake pads/discs [rotors?]) under the three year warranty.
Reply to
Peter Bell

Nope, not me - but Jullie souds interesting!

Reply to
Peter Bell

LOL. She was (is). They are a very nice couple and very good fishermen (fisherpersons?) While Peter and I were busy catching 12 to

14 pound silvers, she was busy landing 16 pounders.

US warranty on the RS6 is 4 years/50K miles and includes brake pads (not rotors) and the timing belt at the last scheduled maintenance (50k).

Be well.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse