Car stalled at stop sign, now it won't start

Page 2 of 2

Hey I like it! ;-)
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:58:02 -0500, daytripper

Ba-ting! The man win again...
(was it 'my bad' to use an acronym that wasn't 'computer' here? <bg>)

My grandson had a early 90s Audi (don't recall the model or year). His heater stopped working. I told him it was his thermostat and it would cost alot to get it fixed, and since they are down there to replace it they may as well replace the water pump and the timing belt. He thought it cost too much, so he didn't have the extra repairs done. Within two months, I had to go and rescue him on I290; his timing belt broke and ate all the valves. He got it fixed but it was never the same.
Today he has a chipped 00 S4, and a 95 A4 that he uses for work. Both of them have had their belts changed. d;o) His dad drives my old 00A6 4.2 and HAS had the TB changed.
Dave RS6 (which will have its TB changed under warranty next September)

Under Warranty??? As far as Audi UK are concerned, this is a service item, and we have to pay for it - cost me GBP880 to have mine done.

Yep. It is supposed to be done at 50k miles, exactly when the warranty ends. I'll have about 40 on it next September. I've already had the front brakes done at 25k miles, under warranty. d;o)

Well Audi UK stipulate that the belt should be changed every 3 years or 60k miles, but no way will they cover it (or brake pads/discs [rotors?]) under the three year warranty.

Is this the same Peter Bell that was fly fishing in Alaska last year with his wonderful wife Jullie? From Devon (I believe)?

Nope, not me - but Jullie souds interesting!

LOL. She was (is). They are a very nice couple and very good fishermen (fisherpersons?) While Peter and I were busy catching 12 to 14 pound silvers, she was busy landing 16 pounders.
US warranty on the RS6 is 4 years/50K miles and includes brake pads (not rotors) and the timing belt at the last scheduled maintenance (50k).
Be well.
Dave
Sami D. wrote:

easily shattered.

will ruin the valves because they are out of time with the crankshaft. The engine may be stuck with the valves resting on the pistons and not allowing the starter to turn the engine over. If this is you problem (and this is just a guess) keep it in neutral and flat bed it to a reputable mechanic.
Check on AudiWorld.com for your local Audi owners in the regional forums.
Your problem may be something much less critical like a transmission interlock switch or ... but be careful.