Car stalls when i take foot off acelerator

My car has been off the road for 6 months and once I put a new battery in it, it turned over but immediately dies unless i rev the engine over a 1000 revs. Its ok if your driving but as soon as you come to a stop it
dies immediately. It turns over straight away again.I have added fuel and injector cleaner to the petrol and ran it for 30 minutes down the motorway, I have also had the injectors off (which is a pain in the @rse) but still happening. Anyone have any clues
This must be a game. >> Guess what car this is.
stuartcharlton wrote:

Next we will find out it has a turbo, in which case I know the exact problem. Until we find out for sure, I will leave this as a guessing game also.

Sorry I forgot to put which model (idiot)
MAF

What is, the answer to "No mods except for a K&N filter", Alex? Cheers! Steve