cd changer not working!!!

99T A6 Avant, bought new and had the dealer fit a 6 disc CD changer before I picked it up. 1 month ago it stopped working with the following error codes
ERR01 and sometimes ERR02. They mean disc not installed correctly and scratched or dirty disc. Neither of these codes change when discs are reinstalled or cleaned or even different discs are installed. There is another error code ERR03 - this means cd changer faulty, but it has never shown this as the fault. The make of the changer is a Kenwood and the radio is the concert model. Any one had a similar experience?? Any help appreciated!! Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Coull2000) wrote:

I'm puzzled by this. I thought that the oem CD changer used by Audi is manufactured by Matsushita (Panasonic).
The unit I have here (removed from my RS6) says Matsushita on it, and it looks identical to the changer fitted in my old 2000(W) A6 Avant.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

youll have to excuse me, i had always assumed(not sure why!!) that it was a kenwood. seem to recall being told that at the time of buting it. Have checked the invoice and it doesnt actually say anything about the make or even a model number so Im in the dark. I cant even see a name on the visible parts of the changer either.
On 02 Sep 2003 11:30:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Coull2000) wrote:

If your dealer fitted the same model as Audi was using, it's a Panasonic, oem'd to Audi and used across the 4 and 6 series for at least your '99 A6 and my '00 S4 (and probably a couple of years on either side of those as well - I'm guessing late 1997 through 2002).
I haven't had any problems with mine, and don't recall any posts here about broken changers (*fitting* changers, yes, broken ones no).
If you have no luck with it, a new one should be available at Audi parts retailers for around US$300, plus 20 minutes of your time to install...
cheers
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
I had 98 A^ with Panasonic changer after 2 months same code faults as yours new radio required to cure problem. Changer was OK cd/radio unit faulty.