cd in safe

I have to step on the gas paddle several times before I can start the engine up one mornig and after that my radio show a message "CD in safe". is that means my battery is weak or the radio fuse is
toasted? hunter

Low voltage during engine start can cause the SAFE message, and low voltage to the alarm could certainly explain the drop in volume.
But corroded cable connectors, battery terminals, and grounding wires could cause the same thing.
So which is more evident? 4+ year old battery, or a rusted engine compartment? Or both?
the battery is 4 years old but the voltage indicator is at 12. so can we rule out the weak battery? Rusted and corroded cable connectors, is that easy to check or it has to be done by a mechanic. hunter