CD stuck in Player --- 2000 / A4 / 1.8T

A standard single-cd player. The cd will not eject when the button is hit. But the cd *will* play ok, so it is not a fuse knocking out the radio.
I cannot seem to find a mechanical eject slot (like the little holes you find on the faceplate of computer cd drives so you can insert a paperclip to force it open).
Any ideas?-----Thanks!
PS. I've had an inordinate number of things go wrong with this car. I started telling the dealership about it, and before I got past "I'm having a lot of trouble with my a4" he asked "is it a 99 or 2000?" Anyone else notice reliability problems these years? My sister in law has a 2002, and is experiencing trouble as well. Please, no "go team" rah rah rah knee-jerk defensiveness needed here.
--
Doesn't /anyone/ know where I can find a credit card company that emails me
the minute something is charged to my account?
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

If it's truly "standard" i.e. third-party such as Sony or Blaupunkt and not integrated with the rest of the car, then use the U-shaped brackets to get it out of the car and disassemble to remove CD. /Robert
Robert said something like:

It's the bottom of the line built-in thing, not a standard rectangle enclosure, etc....
--
Framsticks. 3D Artificial Life evolution. You can see the creatures that
evolve and how they interact, hunt, swim, etc. (Unaffiliated with me).