Changing A/C Pump

I need to change the A/C pump on my A4 2000.5. Is there anything that I need to know befroe I attempt the job? I really don't care if the A/ C works but the old one is making so much noise that I want to replace
it. Any suggestions?
Press the ECON button.
Arney wrote:

Guessing would need to know the engine as well as the year...
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.