Changing front fog lights on an allroad

Hello can anyone help I have just purchased some extra bright lights for my 2000 A6 Allroad changed the dipped head light ok but cant get to the fog
lamps looks like I will have to take out the under engine trim? Anyone done it before please say there is an easier way. At this rate I will go back to halfords and take them up on the fitting price of 4.99 Cheers in advance Dave