Changing tachometer

Hi!

Not sure is this right word.....tachometer....So what u guys think? Is it possible to change s4 tachometer to my a4 -99 "facelift"-model? And how with that FIS....i don't have it now... Thanks

Reply to
Flash

So i mean those instrument panel...better word =Þ so whole paggage.speemeter,tacho and other lights

"Flash" kirjoitti viestissä news:4011621c$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dnainternet.net...

Reply to
Flash

Do you mean that you would like to swap the whole instrument panel to add the Information System?

Swapping the panel is trivial - it's held in by a couple of screws behind the pull-off panel above the steering column.

However, you will need access to a VAG-COM, or similar, and someone who knows what they are doing, in order to set it all up.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Thanks! But how big job it is? Is there cable set allready or have to change? Have friend who have knowledge..i think

"Peter Bell" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@iyonix.earley.fourcom.com...

'bellfamily')

Reply to
Flash

Since many parts are standardized in Audi models you probably can interchange it but you have to get the old one out and have a look first. This guy

has much information about these thingsbut not all, of course.

Reply to
reply

Thanks man =)

"R@L" kirjoitti viestissä news:HVeQb.272146$_x2.556389@zonnet-reader-1...

Reply to
Flash

I've had a look at the parts catalogue, but it doesn't really show whether the cabling is different between the FIS and non-FIS panels.

Does your car currently display information from the radio on the instrument panel? If not, I would guess that that the radio to instrument cabling won't be present. I would hope that everything else will be there - the FIS needs fuel, speed, distance information and those are already displayed on the other gauges.

I should also tell you that there are at least 30 different versions of the instrument panel, for different models of the A4, depending on engine, metric/imperial etc.

Reply to
Peter Bell