Changing wiper blades on new A4?

I've just been sent a new set of wiper blades from Audi for my 2004 A4 Avant, the rear one fits in seconds but the front ones are different to the
ones already fitted.
The pair on the front of the car are "bendy", they don't have a metal bracket to hold them stiff. The ones supplied are stiff with a metal bracket along the back.
Firstly are the supplied ones going to fit and secondly how do I remove the existing ones?
Thanks in advance