Chassis range

Hello all,
I have a stupid question for any one who may know. Where do you find the chassis number? I have a '95 A6 wagon and need to replace the water pump,
timing belt and assorted pulleys and tensioner's but have no idea what chassis range the vehicle is in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Doug.