Check Engine Light

Hi All,

My cats on my 97 A4Q 2.8 have been rattling like a rock tumbler. I have ordered a new set; but, in the meantime, my check engine light just come on last night. Everything else looked fine. Does this have some broader implications; or will this go away with the new cats?

Thanks,

Aaron

Reply to
aaron

Hard to say unless you provided us with the fault code(s).

Reply to
Madesio

I do. I just had my 1993 90 CS driver side Cat changed. Your engine control unit is not happy that it can't get rid of exhaust. Your car will eventually crawl to a halt. However, Audi Service guy told me that engine computers are smart enough to know when to shutdown and you don't damage anything.

I would advise not driving the car if you can.

New cats will make for a new car!

Erik

Reply to
Erik