Chip experiences in A6 2.7T Tip

Just traded in my 2000 A6Q 2.8 on a Ming Blue number as listed above. Love the increased zoot, sport suspension and seats, and even the gimcracks I had to buy (all of them) to get the car. My question, which I'm sure has
been asked many times before, is this: What's the car like with a chip installed? Specifically:
1. Any horror stories--blown engines, etc.? 2. Dealer can detect that it's in there, right? So the warranty is toast, right? 3. Is it as cool as it seems to have 50 more hp and ft-lbs for only $600-1000?