Classic Audi

Hi, I'm in the UK. In December 2002 my mother-in-law sadly died. She owned a 1974 ('N' reg ) sky-blue coloured Audi 80 which she hardly used after her husband died in the late 80's. The car has therefore
only done around 35,000 genuine miles. The ownership of the car has now passed to my wife. However, later this year we are emigrating to Australia and therefore wish to sell the car. Could you please advise me on the following:- -Is it worth getting the car MOT tested before we sell it? -What sort of price do you think we can ask for it? It's in fairly good condition as it has been garaged 99% of the time over the past 15 years. -Where would anyone recommend advertising the car? We currently live in Droitwich in Worcestershire, but the car is in Doncaster.
Many thanks in advance for any response you give. BTW, I've emailed the Audi Owners Club with the same questions and had no response as yet. Neil
Up until recently I have been a member of the Audi 100 Coupe owners club for around 3 years and previously owned a Audi 100 Ls 1972. L Reg
My mileage was around 60,000 and I sold it for 400, though the condition wasn't excellent.
There is a Audi 80 specific newsgoup for your model on Yahoo that might be a good place to start looking for a general idea of how much you will get for it. Also have a look on E bay, they occasionally pop up particularly on www.ebay.de I know that a lot of club members monitor ebay classic car sections for Audi 100's C1's and 80's and post them on the newsgroup for everyone else to see so that might be a good place to advertise and also on the newsgroup, there are always people advertising their cars on it.
As a guess I would say that your looking at around 600 - 750, but again it does depend heavily on where you advertise it for sale, if its in really good condition the I would suggest that you get it MOT'd, at the minium it means someone can drive it away when they want to buy it.
Kev.