Cleaning Off the Brake Dust ?

A good washing is no longer removing the brake dust on the front wheels. The owner's guide says I should not use anything abrasive. Is there any way to remove it (that won't damage the wheels)?
Thanks, Bob
Add pictures here
βœ–
eBob writes:

There are a number of non-abrasive spray products out there that are safe for most (all?) alloy wheels. Audi itself sells one. Spray in on, wash off with a hose. I also use a soft bristle brush to get in the hard to reach spots. Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
Add pictures here
βœ–

I have used Goop handcleaner or similar to clean the wheels. It really EASILY dissolves that crud on the wheels for me!
βœ–
Have tried several - the best product undoubtedly the wheel cleaner from Wόrth which is jellyish and therefore sticks to the wheel and doesn't evaporize before you have time to flush it off with a high pressure cleaner. Normal "dish-detergent" + brush is also effective (Sunlight, Palmolive or whatever brand you're using ).
Regards Rune

Add pictures here
βœ–

"Wonder Wheels" its a brand name, you sorta paint it on with a brush <supplied> never let me down yet Ron
Add pictures here
βœ–
Are we really starting this issues? I've had brake dust on my wheels since the eighties. There are removers since then too.
The best solution is: keep the car in the garage.
Good luck Bob Jeep

Add pictures here
βœ–

That's one way to keep it out of the repair shop. :-)

Add pictures here
βœ–