Clicking vent

I have Audi 100 2.3E avant 1999. Recently I can hear a ticking sound coming from the vent neat the air filter. Ticking is similar to ticking of hydraulic lifters when they are broken. Hire is a picture of it:
http://solair.eunet.yu/~imperl/_private/audi/AudiClickingVent.html
It has two rubber hoses connected to it, and electrical connector (when disconnected, it stops ticking). Electrical connector is represented by a yellow line on the picture at link above.
Does anyone know what is it for (my friend a "mechanic" says that it must tick), and how can I fix it so that it stops ticking.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

He is propably right :-) I have also ticking valve in my A4 1.8t and it is EVAP canister purge valve. If you have same kind of fuel system than me then the ticking sound tells you that the valve works. You could try to insulate it in order to quiet down the sound.
--
Petri Rehtonen

Just currious - are you sure it's a 1999 model of Audi 100 - As far as I know it was superseeded with the A6 (same shape and mechanic in 1995) and the new A6 in 1997 !
RGds
Jens
Nedavno Jens pise:
| Just currious - are you sure it's a 1999 model of Audi 100 - As far as | I know it was superseeded with the A6 (same shape and mechanic in | 1995) and the new A6 in 1997 !
Typo. Its Audi 100 1989.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
snipped-for-privacy@privat.dk writes:

Typo I reckon - looks like a type 44 to me - probably 1989.
Not sure what the clicking thing is - it's not present on my 1988 2.0 or 2.2
G.
it was only on the 2.3 nf. ng engine, it was part of emmision control with cat, cars , ticking noise is normal, and it is a type 44 and 1989 not 99 hope this helps www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
writes:

Nedavno news.blueyonder.co.uk pise:
| it was only on the 2.3 nf. ng engine, it was part of emmision control | with cat, cars , ticking noise is normal, and it is a type 44 and 1989 | not 99 hope this helps
You are right, it's 1989, imported to Serbia & Montenegro from Switzerland. I was hoping I cold make it stop ticking because it sounds similar to ticking of hydraulic lifters of the exhaust and intake valve. Oil level was on the minimum, and one of hydraulic lifters was making ticking sound also. Now after adding some oil to the engine ticking is gone, but I will probably have to replace them some time soon.
I have another problem. My Audi runs on LPG and standard fuel is used only while for few minutes after engine starts. After I drove my car some 200 km on gasoline (not sure if it is related to my problem) I have problem starting cold engine. It starts, but sometimes stalls, and for few seconds it does not respond adequately when I press throttle pedal. Does it have something to do with cold start valve? Anyone knows a link where I van find more information about that valve?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan Wrote:

--
Mark