Climate control help

Can someone help with this, please? There's something wrong with my climate control ('96 A6), and I think it must be a sensor or relay problem. The compressor itself and the fan are both working fine and the system produces
plenty of cold air, but only with the system set to "Lo". If I set it to "18" or above, the system (usually) works OK for a time, but after a while it starts to blow out hot air even in outside temperatures of 25 degrees or more. Consequently I have to set it to Lo all the time and just adjust the fan speed manually, which is far from ideal. I'm not sure where to start looking for any obvious defective sensors or relays.
Jonathan
Hi!
[Cool air on LO only]
Go to
Check channel 56 and 57 of the climate control unit, these should represent the inside temperature measured at the interior light and with the sensor in the dash (in Celsius AFAIK). If that shows "too cold" values compared to the real temperature one of the temp sensors or its wiring is faulty and make the CC think it should heat.
Check channel 01 for error codes.
Unfortunately,
http://www.12v.org/maint/cc.html
is out of service currently for a more elaborated code listing. You can use
http://home.arcor.de/ero.rademer/others/ac-codes-62.html
as a backup for now.
So long! Ero.
--