Climate help needed

hi got an A4 1.9 TDi SE 130 2001

on friday climate control stopped working. worked in the morning stopped in the afternoon.

had the system checked and regassed but nothing - it now has to go in this friday for a full checkup , don't want to get ripped off so can anybody give me any info on what may be wrong

thanks

Reply to
bollox

if its the climate control unit it could be very expensive, I had one replaced on a 1996 A4 & it cost £857 to replace it, all ok now, the part was £580+ vat & £150+vat labour to fit it at the dealer, , i did make enquiries to check the price of the part, it looks like a radio with buttons on the front & a ilumunated lcd display, I would have only saved £75 by taking it to an independant as they would have had to get the part from audi,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

You can buy them from ebay for £50 + second hand, and fitting is real simple, takes approx 5 mins :) maybe 10 at a push.

Reply to
Ronny

I could have got a 2nd hand one for £100 but this would have had no guarantee, the dealer said there where 2 way to fit it, the quick way & the recommended way, they could have prised off the wall nut veneer facia breaking the 2 retaining clips, then reverse assembled sticking it back on with glue, or partially dismantling the dash to remove it correctly, this taking longer, I will consider fitting 2nd hand parts only when I but a Ford :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Then your dealer is Lying to you, I have taken out and put back my climate control back in over 20 times, and even refitted it in different positions, and you can trust me there is nothing you can break, the climate unit is removed by removing the stereo, then unscrewing 2 x bolts which hold the front facia on, you then unscrew 4 x screws that hold the climate unit in place.

You cannot break anything, it's no harder then removing the stereo, if you notice on my old Audi I even relocated the climate panel.

So next time you are at the dealers you know he has been lying to you :)

The job takes approx 5 mins once the stereo is out, and it's almost exactly the same on my newer 2002 B6.

Reply to
Ronny

Hey, that's a funky looking mod. You got any other photos/details?

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

is my site for my old carputer

is a good site to start from getting all your stuff

hth

Reply to
Ronny

Geez, Andy's right, you did _MORE_ than that....you even installed the steering wheel and dash on the other side of the car!!!!!! Sorry, it took me a second to adjust my colonial vision. Nice web site! Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears