Climate help needed

hi got an A4 1.9 TDi SE 130 2001
on friday climate control stopped working. worked in the morning stopped in the afternoon.
had the system checked and regassed but nothing - it now has to go in this
friday for a full checkup , don't want to get ripped off so can anybody give me any info on what may be wrong
thanks
if its the climate control unit it could be very expensive, I had one replaced on a 1996 A4 & it cost 857 to replace it, all ok now, the part was 580+ vat & 150+vat labour to fit it at the dealer, , i did make enquiries to check the price of the part, it looks like a radio with buttons on the front & a ilumunated lcd display, I would have only saved 75 by taking it to an independant as they would have had to get the part from audi,
Steve.

You can buy them from ebay for 50 + second hand, and fitting is real simple, takes approx 5 mins :) maybe 10 at a push.

I could have got a 2nd hand one for 100 but this would have had no guarantee, the dealer said there where 2 way to fit it, the quick way & the recommended way, they could have prised off the wall nut veneer facia breaking the 2 retaining clips, then reverse assembled sticking it back on with glue, or partially dismantling the dash to remove it correctly, this taking longer, I will consider fitting 2nd hand parts only when I but a Ford :-)
Steve.

Then your dealer is Lying to you, I have taken out and put back my climate control back in over 20 times, and even refitted it in different positions, and you can trust me there is nothing you can break, the climate unit is removed by removing the stereo, then unscrewing 2 x bolts which hold the front facia on, you then unscrew 4 x screws that hold the climate unit in place.
You cannot break anything, it's no harder then removing the stereo, if you notice on my old Audi I even relocated the climate panel.
So next time you are at the dealers you know he has been lying to you :)
http://www.fsplanes.net/photogallery/slides/inside.jpg
The job takes approx 5 mins once the stereo is out, and it's almost exactly the same on my newer 2002 B6.

Hey, that's a funky looking mod. You got any other photos/details?
andyt

www.fsplanes.net is my site for my old carputer
www.mp3car.com is a good site to start from getting all your stuff
hth
Geez, Andy's right, you did _MORE_ than that....you even installed the steering wheel and dash on the other side of the car!!!!!! Sorry, it took me a second to adjust my colonial vision. Nice web site! Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)