Clutch A4 '96

The clutch on a '96 A4 FWD (Not Quattro) I just bought engages relatively high, but feels good. Is this characteristic of the car or is it an indication of worn clutch. Also, I assume the clutch is hydraulic (so no
adjustment possible?).
Thanks
Tony

It's normal on all Auds. If you have a free way of, say, a centimeter -and I bet you have- it's OK. Adjustment is automatic. A worn clutch is easy to check in 4th or 5th gear while driving slowly and pressing the throttle or standing still with the brakes on.
Ron