Cold weather problem, car is not starting or turning over

I'm out in Colorado and we just went through a ton of snow out here...I tried to make it to work yesterday but got my Audi stuck (2001 A4 1.8T)...I got to it this morning and its not starting, nor is it
turning over. The radio came on, but thats about the only activity im seeing. My friend thinks its either the battery or the starter...Should jumper cables work in order to just get it started?

dohhhhhhhhhhh...................
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try jumper cables but do not use a higher voltage boost like some car starting services use (24V).
If that doesn't work you could suspect a sticking starter solenoid, bad ignition switch or the relay that cuts the aux electrical accessories when the starter is engaged.