comments requested about 2004 A6 2.7 turbo

While my wife was dragging me around looking for cars. we came across a

2004 A6 2.7L pretty loaded with goodies and about $39000. approx 7000 miles (service dept loaner never been sold) I'm pretty impressed with the car. But I noticed that the new 2005 A6 offerings don't include the 2.7 turbo as an engine option. We have a deposit down on the car but are still considering other cars. does anyone have any comment especially regarding the 2.7 turbo Tks in advance baldock
Reply to
baldock

I've a '00 A6 2.7. Have had good service from the car. Respectable power without lots of noise (it's a good sleeper). It's got the TIP transmission which is working well. I'm at 40K and 4 years without any major service incidents. Replaced the tires recently as they didn't 'rotate' well. Since it's a car with a fair amount of technology, you need to be able to work with the dealer or be knowledgeable about such things or have a source you trust. I've taken the path of investing in diagnostic equipment to monitor the car and as a backdrop to confirming the dealers actions.

HTH

Reply to
Glenn Spence