Common problem Audi A4 (B5) 1996

Hello, iam thinking about buying an Audi A4 2,8 Quattro (1996 - 1997). Can someone tell me common problems of this type of car ?
Thanks a lot ! Stephan

i dont know about the 2.8, i have the 1.8t. coil packs are an issue, but a minor one at that. a4's are a great combination of all the best parts of different types of cars. buy it bro.
| i dont know about the 2.8, i have the 1.8t. coil packs are an issue, but a | minor one at that. <snip>|
Thanks a lot ! Stephan
Any other answers, about things you "don't know about", that you would like waste peoples time with? --
hey spare me, why don't you spare us "", that you would like waste peoples time with?"" learn a bit more about the english language before you post. i think you must have left out "to" in that sentance. and i use the word sentance losely. and fyi, coil packs are a common problem on a4's, there is even a recall on 2001 and up a4 coil packs. and if your post is in regard to stephan, the guys is doing some research on a car before buying it, which is intelligent. which is more than i can say about you. if you can't add something constructive to this topic, then keep you ignorant mouth shut, you fuck.

Dave Smith wrote:

After looking at your spelling and grammar skills, I have to ask: "Would you care to rephrase that?" ;)

I don't think coil packs went bad nearly as much on pre-recall years. I'd love to be corrected if I'm wrong.
> and if your post

Things the original poster may need to look at, that may be more appropriate to his model year than coilpack issues:
control arms wheel bearings washer fluid pump timing belt tensioner water pump
This list looks to be a good one:
<http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/208533.phtml
Your post stated:

...which while a nice "don't worry, just buy it", may not have been terribly helpful in the research department.

C'mon kids, play nice.
Dave Lugo snipped-for-privacy@etherboy.com LC Unit #260 TINLC

I bought a 99 1.8T with 69K miles and in 30K I have repaired/replaced
Heater Core - (beware the pink flakey stuff coming out the vents. Brutally expensive) Throttle position Sensor - (expensive part) MAF - (failed because of the throttle position sensor failure. Also expensive part) Timing Belt - (no failure - it was due. Expensive service interval) Clutch - (damned expensive) Brake pads - (did it myself - ~$80 in parts and some skinned knuckles) Driver door panel - (previous owner must have abused it. Upholstery shop fixed it up for ~$100)
It is a fantastic car to drive, but hoo-boy... You better have some $ saved up for maintenance.

Control arms Water pump Airbags Key transmitter for anti-theft device
--
Best regards.
Giovanni Tarantino