Common problem Audi A4 (B5) 1996

Hello, iam thinking about buying an Audi A4 2,8 Quattro (1996 - 1997). Can someone tell me common problems of this type of car ?

Thanks a lot ! Stephan

Reply to
Stephan P. alias Junior D.

i dont know about the 2.8, i have the 1.8t. coil packs are an issue, but a minor one at that. a4's are a great combination of all the best parts of different types of cars. buy it bro.

Reply to
Dave Smith

Thanks a lot ! Stephan

Any other answers, about things you "don't know about", that you would like waste peoples time with? --

Reply to
spare-me-spam

I bought a 99 1.8T with 69K miles and in 30K I have repaired/replaced

Heater Core - (beware the pink flakey stuff coming out the vents. Brutally expensive) Throttle position Sensor - (expensive part) MAF - (failed because of the throttle position sensor failure. Also expensive part) Timing Belt - (no failure - it was due. Expensive service interval) Clutch - (damned expensive) Brake pads - (did it myself - ~$80 in parts and some skinned knuckles) Driver door panel - (previous owner must have abused it. Upholstery shop fixed it up for ~$100)

It is a fantastic car to drive, but hoo-boy... You better have some $ saved up for maintenance.

Reply to
HooHa

hey spare me, why don't you spare us "", that you would like waste peoples time with?"" learn a bit more about the english language before you post. i think you must have left out "to" in that sentance. and i use the word sentance losely. and fyi, coil packs are a common problem on a4's, there is even a recall on 2001 and up a4 coil packs. and if your post is in regard to stephan, the guys is doing some research on a car before buying it, which is intelligent. which is more than i can say about you. if you can't add something constructive to this topic, then keep you ignorant mouth shut, you f*ck.

Reply to
Dave Smith

After looking at your spelling and grammar skills, I have to ask: "Would you care to rephrase that?" ;)

I don't think coil packs went bad nearly as much on pre-recall years. I'd love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Things the original poster may need to look at, that may be more appropriate to his model year than coilpack issues:

control arms wheel bearings washer fluid pump timing belt tensioner water pump

This list looks to be a good one:

Your post stated:

...which while a nice "don't worry, just buy it", may not have been terribly helpful in the research department.

C'mon kids, play nice.

Reply to
Dave Lugo

Control arms Water pump Airbags Key transmitter for anti-theft device

Reply to
GT