Concert Radio Volume Switch

I have the common problem with the volume control on my concert radio.Does anyone know where i can get it fixed,also is it cost effective??I live in
Essex UK. Mny thx sjfedex
sjfedex wrote:

Hi,
I believe these people will do it:
O.E.Electronics Ltd 6, Four Brooks Business Park, Stanier Rd, Calne, Wiltshire SN11 9PP Tel: 01249 817370
Regards,
Simon SCIS UK Limited
Hi,
Could you expand on the common problem please. My audi concert volume is jumping to different levels instead of stepping to them. When I turn the volume down it jumps up very loud. This problem seems to happen during colder spells of weather.
SimonT
"scisuk" wrote: > sjfedex wrote: > > I have the common problem with the volume control on my > concert radio.Does > > anyone know where i can get it fixed,also is it cost > effective??I live in > > Essex UK. > > Mny thx > > sjfedex > > Hi, > > I believe these people will do it: > > O.E.Electronics Ltd > 6, Four Brooks Business Park, Stanier Rd, Calne, Wiltshire > SN11 9PP > Tel: 01249 817370 > > Regards, > > Simon > SCIS UK Limited

It's a design fault in the software running in the radio. What is happening is that the part of the memory which is used to store the volume setting is being written to too often. This causes that part of the memory to 'wear out'. The only solution is to replace the processor chip (which includes the memory). If you want to prevent the problem recuring, then it's also necessary to alter the program stored in the chip.

Yes, these symptoms are typical. It will be worse in the cold but, with time, it will become more of a problem in the warm too.

As far as I know from when this happened to me, the fault is caused very simply by a faulty volume knob, hence why it jumps up/down irrespective of the number of steps or the direction it's turned in.
When mine went, popular opinion was that it was more cost effective to purchase a newer replacement unit off Ebay rather going to the trouble and expense of repairing it. I got a newer and it fixed the problem (coming up to 2yrs now).